Thursday 18 June 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different

The West Somerset Railway were having a mixed traffic weekend. As a long time loco fan (I was always the girl who wanted the Hornby railway set rather than the doll's house), I decided to mosey on down to Blue Anchor and take a look.

MOSTLY, the locos they were running were various brands of diesel...

Western Courier

The Devonian on her approach into Blue Anchor station
A pair of shunters (possibly nicknamed Teddy Bears - but don't hold me to that!) get passenger duty

...but the star of the show (and the reason I wanted to go) was Tornado, the newly built A1 Pacific, who'd been visiting the West Somerset for a couple of weeks prior to.

On her approach

And preparing to steam away on to Minehead

And my; wasn't she gorgeous *grin*

Photos taken 13/06/2009 at Blue Anchor station on the West Somerset Railway

No comments:

Post a Comment